There are many reasons why we love Classic ASP. For starters, we have been familiar with Classic Active Server Pages coding for more than a decade, and we do not see any reason to migrate to a different web technology for some obvious reasons:
- server hardware/software requirements
- valuable (10+ year old) knowledge about a technology that has passed the test of time
- large libraries of valuable scripts we have successfully used over the years
- and finally, our successful businesses that are built around Classic ASP technology
Here are some technical notes about TOROCMS:
- TOROCMS is 100% VBScript and Classic ASP 3.0.
- TOROCMS is fully compatible with IIS 5, 6, 7 and 8 (Windows 2000 to 2012 servers)
- The code is 100% object oriented, using the VBScript CLASS statement whenever possible
- The UTF-8 charset is the default charset
- Connectivity with 2 popular database management systems (Access and SQL Server)
- AJAX is implemented where possible
- No 3rd party COM components are required.
Got something to say? or to participate in the conversation.